Welcome to our blog where we bring you delicious recipes and mouth-watering treats to satisfy your sweet tooth. Today, we are excited to share with you a classic dessert that never fails to impress – the pineapple upside down bundt cake. This delightful cake combines the juicy sweetness of pineapples with a rich, buttery cake base, creating a heavenly treat that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you are hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or simply want to indulge in something decadent, this pineapple upside down bundt cake is the perfect choice. With its stunning presentation and irresistible flavors, it is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. So, let’s dive into the details and uncover the secrets to creating this show-stopping dessert.
– 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
– Maraschino cherries, for garnish
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously grease a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
2. Drain the pineapple slices, reserving the juice for later use.
3. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar until well mixed. Pour this mixture into the greased pan, spreading it evenly.
4. Arrange the pineapple slices on top of the butter and sugar mixture in a decorative pattern. You can also place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
8. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
9. Pour the batter over the pineapple slices in the bundt pan, ensuring it is evenly spread.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
11. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate, allowing the cake to release onto the plate.
12. Gently lift the pan away, revealing the beautiful pineapple topping. Let the cake cool completely before serving.
This pineapple upside down bundt cake is best enjoyed fresh, but it can also be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Serve it as is or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an even more decadent treat. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try, and get ready to receive rave reviews for your baking skills!