Are you tired of the same old tofu recipes? Looking to spice up your vegetarian meals with a burst of flavor? Look no further than Thai curry tofu! This mouthwatering dish combines the creaminess of tofu with the bold and aromatic flavors of Thai curry. Whether you’re a tofu lover or just looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Thai curry tofu is a versatile and customizable dish that can be made to suit your personal preferences. The tofu absorbs the rich and fragrant curry sauce, resulting in a deliciously savory and satisfying meal. With the right combination of spices and ingredients, you can create a dish that is both hearty and full of flavor.
1 block of firm tofu, drained and cubed
2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
1 can of coconut milk
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Steamed rice or noodles, for serving
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
2. Add the sliced bell pepper and onion to the skillet, and cook for another few minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
3. Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet, creating a space in the center. Add the Thai red curry paste to the center of the skillet, and cook for a minute to release its flavors.
4. Pour in the coconut milk, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir everything together to combine the flavors.
5. Gently add the tofu cubes to the sauce, making sure they are fully submerged. Allow the tofu to simmer in the sauce for about 10 minutes, or until it has soaked up the flavors.
6. Serve the Thai curry tofu over steamed rice or noodles, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy your flavorful and satisfying Thai curry tofu!