Are you looking for a delicious and healthy way to add some flavor to your veggies? Look no further than marinating them! Marinating vegetables not only adds a burst of flavor but also helps to tenderize them, making them even more enjoyable to eat. Whether you’re grilling, roasting, or simply looking to upgrade your salads, marinated veggies are the perfect addition to any meal.
In this article, we will explore some mouthwatering recipes for marinated veggies that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. From tangy and zesty to sweet and savory, these recipes cover a wide range of flavors, ensuring that there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So, let’s dive in and discover the art of marinating veggies!
Tangy Lemon-Garlic Marinated Asparagus
This recipe combines the bright flavors of lemon and garlic with the crispness of asparagus, resulting in a refreshing and tangy side dish. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 bunch of asparagus
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– Zest and juice of 1 lemon
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by trimming the tough ends of the asparagus spears and place them in a large resealable plastic bag.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the asparagus in the plastic bag, making sure all the spears are coated.
3. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
4. Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the asparagus from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and place them on the grill.
5. Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the asparagus is tender and slightly charred.
6. Remove from the grill and serve hot or cold. This tangy lemon-garlic marinated asparagus pairs well with grilled meats or makes a delightful addition to a salad.
Sweet and Spicy Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
If you’re a fan of the Brussels sprouts, this recipe will take them to a whole new level. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors from the balsamic glaze will have you coming back for seconds. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
– 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
– ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the Brussels sprouts, ensuring that all the sprouts are coated.
3. Let the Brussels sprouts marinate for at least 1 hour, allowing the flavors to infuse.
4. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Transfer the marinated Brussels sprouts to a baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer.
5. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the sprouts are caramelized and tender, tossing them halfway through.
6. Remove from the oven and serve as a side dish or a tasty snack. These sweet and spicy balsamic-glazed Brussels sprouts are sure to be a hit at any gathering.